Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Vigilance and Compassion, Not Panic and Overreaction

As I was getting ready to head to the airport this morning for week in China, I heard the sad and horrific news of the terrorist attacks in Brussels. My hopes and prayers go to the victims, their families and friends. It has happened and will again happen here. There are no excuses. There never are.
Likewise, we must remember that the vast majority of victims of Islamic terrorism and cruelty are Muslims as well. We can give in to our greatest weaknesses and fears… or we can stand united against a Godless enemy with a reprehensible moral code. Stand tall with those who are inflicted and afflicted the most. Let these horrible events bring out the best in us… not the worst.
I’m Peter Dekom, and I cried today… really.

No comments: