Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Drew!




Drew Gross has been my Blog-master since Unshred America began a decade ago. Over 3,400 blogs. He recently retired from his job as an IT administrator at the Veteran’s Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System in West Los Angeles… and is passing the baton as my Blog-master as well.
An Air Force vet, Drew Gross’ career has spanned work in very high-tech missile systems, banking, writing for television sitcoms, until he settled into his work at the VA hospital. A former client, a former (I hope) car racer and automotive addict, a golfing partner, a recent grandfather and a truly great friend, Drew now lives in the San Fernando Valley with two and a half cats (half because, “Marco,” a gorgeous part-feral Siamese, has never actually let Drew actually pet him!). We’ve gone to dozens and dozens of Los Angeles Kings hockey games (the above picture is Drew at a game… he gets cold easily!). Sorry they aren’t playing better.
Drew’s facing some major surgery at that VA hospital; he has evolved from hospital tech expert to patient. I hope you all join me in wishing Drew a speedy recovery.
So thank you Drew! For all that work over all those years. I’ll be bothering you… but not about the blog anymore. You are a great and true friend. I will always be grateful.
              I’m Peter Dekom, and I am indeed lucky to have Drew as such a dear and committed friend.

No comments: